If you’re like most people, you might not give much thought about what’s going on your roof. Of course, your roof is built to last. However, it pays to get a roof inspection done every now and then and especially if you are planning on selling your home. Not only will it make your home more attractive to potential buyers, but it will also raise the overall value of your property.
Here are some facts about a roofing inspection that you should know about:
In this article, we are going to be focusing on a number of points about Wilmington roof inspection and why it is necessary when selling a home. Here are the focus points that we’ll be dealing with:
- Things you should expect out of a roof inspection
- Who to contact for the job
- The benefits of a roof inspection for the homeowner and the buyer
- Getting a roof inspection done – the concept of inspecting your roof is fairly simple. A roofing contractor comes to your home and conducts one or a combination of methods for checking the roof. Either way, the roofer will get valuable information about your roof that will help you in selling your home or on making any repairs before you put your house on the market. A roof inspection can be done in three ways:
- Visual inspection – this is quite low-tech but still a very useful method especially if done by an experienced roofer.
- Infrared inspection – what isn’t visible through the naked eye shouldn’t be a problem for an infrared inspection. This method of inspecting the roof another way of backing up the findings or filling in some of the missing details gained through a visual inspection.
- Drone inspection – another way of checking the status of the roof is through a drone inspection. It’s basically just a visual inspection but through a bird’s eye view.
- Hiring the right roofer – a roof inspection done right can point you in the right direction especially if you plan on selling your house. When you look for a roofer in your area, consider one that has a stellar reputation like WHS Roofing. Getting the inspection done by reliable and well-known roofing in your neighborhood will make it easier for you and the potential buyers. Knowing that the roof is in good condition and verified by a reputable roofing company, nothing can go wrong with your sale.
- Importance of a roof inspection – if you plan on selling your home, a roof inspection is like hitting two birds with one stone. You make sure your roof is in top condition, it adds value, and it makes selling your home a lot easier. Potential home buyers and their real estate agent would want to make sure every single detail about your home is spot on. Knowing that your roof has been maintained and inspected by a reliable and reputable roofer just adds to the overall value of your property.
Are you planning on selling your home? Make sure your roof is in top shape! Call WHS Roofing today!
Wilmington, NC, 28403