If you’re looking to acquire a new home, you might want to know the age of the roof. The age of the roof, as well as the location of the house, can give you a close approximation of how much time the roof has left before it needs replacing. In general, residential roofing can last anywhere from 15 to 30 years depending on several factors like quality, installation, and the environment.
Common residential roofing materials and their expected lifespan
- Asphalt shingles – first on the list are asphalt shingles. It’s the most popular kind of roofing material in the U.S. because of its cost and durability. It is available in a wide range of designs which suggests you still reach have a wonderful looking roof without investing excessively. It’s also the most common type of residential roofing Wilmington.
- 3-tab shingles – you can get around 10 to 20 years of usable life from this type of asphalt shingles.
- Dimensional shingles – on average, you can get 15 to 25 years out of this variety.
- Premium shingles – for the high-end asphalt shingle varieties, you can expect to have it in use from 20 to 30 years depending on external factors.
- Metal roofing – this is one tough roofing variety. On average, metal roofing can last anywhere from 30 to 50 years. Because of the ever-popular fad of lasting homes, metal roof coverings have actually turned into one of the top roof covering types in the marketplace. The national average price for a steel roof is at around $800-1,250 for every single one hundred square feet.
- Tile roofing – tile roofing is another remarkable type as it can last anywhere from 50 to 100 years. This means you won’t be needing roof repair for quite some time. Are you in the marketplace for a roofing design that isn’t all also common? If you are, you must be setting your sights on floor tile roofing. You have a wide selection of options here. You can pick from interlocking tiles to Spanish style roofing tiles and also the checklist takes place. However, the price just increases from this factor. The nationwide typical expense per one hundred square foot of ceramic tile roofing varies from around $700-800. It’s a substantial investment. This highlights the demand for a professional roofing contractor to do the setup.
- Natural slate – Another long-lasting roofing material is natural slate. It can be good for use anywhere from 50-100 years. If you desire slate roofing that will last you a truly long time, you need to think about natural slate. Not just does it last for prolonged periods, however, it additionally looks great also. It’s not as costly as other roof covering materials too. The nationwide minimal average expense will establish you back around $1.89 per square foot while the optimal average begins at $2.72 per square foot.
- Wood roof – in general, a wood roof can last 20 to 35 years but can last longer if well maintained. If you’re the sort of homeowner that likes the rustic look, this kind of roof is for you. It considers that traditional visual to your roof covering that nothing else product can supply. Nevertheless, the prices of wood roof cover increase relying on the types of timber that you make use of. The national minimum ordinary per square foot goes to $5 while the optimum stands at $8. As you might see, there’s a substantial cost jump from natural slate roof to timber roofing.
Are you looking for a reliable roofer in the Wilmington area? Give Wilmington Roofing Pro a call today for a free quote!
Wilmington, NC, 28403