Repairing the roof is not an easy task. Other than the complexity of making repairs 10-15 feet off the ground, it is also downright dangerous to the untrained person. When you spot that some of your shingles are falling off, don’t go grabbing a ladder and patching things up. It’s better to exercise personal safety measures first. For any kind of roof repair, it’s still best to call in a professional roofer. Here are some of the reasons why hiring a roofing contractor is still better than any DIY roof repair:
Reasons why a roofing contractor is better than you at making roof repairs
- They have the knowledge and experience – in any profession, it takes skill and experience to be able to pull off a job successfully. The same goes for roofing contractors. Hiring a roofer is not just about getting it over with and having the roof repaired. It’s also about making sure that the repairs are done in the correct way and that nobody will get hurt during the process. Speaking of getting hurt, roofers are covered by insurance to ensure that they don’t get left with anything in case the worst happens.
- Insurance and liability – roofers are insured. That’s why a Wilmington roof repair is best done by a licensed roofing company. When they perform the repairs, it is highly unlikely for them to make mistakes. The roofers who have been in the trade for a couple of years will undoubtedly not make any mistakes on the job. However, there are instances where the unforeseen happens. In the event of an accident, the roofer is fully covered by insurance. This means you don’t have to pay a single penny to cover for the additional costs brought about by their mistake.
- They offer a warranty for their service – another perk with hiring a roofer is the fact that they will offer you a warranty for their service. This basically provides you with some leverage. In case something goes bad with the roof after a few days or weeks after the repairs have been made, you can call them over, redo the repairs, and it will all be at no extra cost. Of course, you should have everything in writing just to be clear about the stipulations in the contract.
- It’s cheaper to hire a roofer than to go DIY – let’s face it, repairing your own roof isn’t going to look pretty. Not that every homeowner isn’t qualified to repair their roof, it’s just too risky. Other than the high chances of accidents happening, there’s also the possibility of messing things up even further. To be on the safe side, simply hire a roofing contractor like WHS Roofing.
- Roofers take less time to do the repairs than you would – another factor to consider is time. You can’t possibly complete the roof repairs in a single weekend unless it’s minor. Other than that, roof repairs take time. That time either shortens or increases depending on who is doing the task. If you want to save time, money, and your neck, just hire a roofer instead.
Give WHS Roofing a call today to schedule a free roof inspection to determine if you need roof repairs or roof replacement.
Wilmington, NC, 28403