A roof replacement can be as quick as replacing old shingles to redoing your entire roof. With that said, there needs to be a lot of preparation when getting a new roof. The preparations don’t only include the outside of your home. Preparing for a new roof extends inside your home and you need to make sure that you and your family are well-prepared for the project. The roof installation will only last a week or so but you still need to be sure that everything is protected, hence the need for planning and preparation.
Here are some ways on how you can prepare your home and family for a new roof installation
- Clearing vehicles from the driveway – if you have a car or two sitting on your driveway, you might want to move them elsewhere while the roofers are doing their job.
- Clearing toys and furniture from the patio – the same goes for any toys and furniture in the patio. Everything that could be damaged by falling debris must be cleared out.
- Clearing the garden – if there’s any clutter in your garden, be sure to take it out. Clear out any tools or potted plants that might get in the way.
- Protecting plants – if you have fragile plants around your home, be sure to cover them or shield them to ensure that no falling debris can damage them.
- Cut your grass – you need to trim your grass before the roof installation could begin. This is so that any debris could be easily detected during cleanup.
- Talk to your neighbors – be sure to inform your neighbors about the roofing project you are having if you have any. Things could get loud in the middle of the project. You’d do them a favor by letting them know what’s causing all the ruckus.
- Clear the attic – if the roof replacement involves peeling away the underlayment and other roofing sections, you should protect your attic. Any items stored in the attic must be placed somewhere else to ensure that nothing gets damaged.
- Protect your garage – your garage needs to be closed and all of your tools and belongings should be protected.
- Secure your windows – the windows need to be protected just in case any debris bounces off and hits your window. Getting a new roof Wilmington, NC could be messy and sometimes things could get out of hand. It’s best to be protected all throughout.
Caring for kids and pets
- Keep pets inside – if you have sensitive pets, keep them inside at all times. Be sure that they are not disturbed by the generated noise. If your pets aren’t that friendly with strangers, it would be best to keep them somewhere safe.
- Briefs your kids about staying inside for a while – if you’ve got small kids, inform them beforehand that there’s going to be some work to be done on your home and they need to stay inside. Better yet, send them to grandma’s house for the time being.
While you should do your part with the preparation, you should talk to WHS roofing regarding the details of the project. Ask them about any contingency plans they have in mind in case bad weather suddenly sets in. Also, ask them who is going to clean up once the project is done.
Are you in need of professional roofing services? WHS Roofing has you covered. You may reach us at (910) 765-8513.
Wilmington, NC, 28403